Sunday, September 12, 2010

What is your favorite Tampa Hot Spot?


As we have become more comfortable in our classroom community over the past three weeks, it's now time for us to open up and explore the city in which we live. Everyone has a favorite spot in their hometown. Think about where you and your family most like to spend your time. Is it at the local bowling alley? The aquarium? The library? How about the zoo? The movie theater? Your favorite restaurant? Your backyard? If it's a place you love, and it's in Tampa (your city), get ready to share your TAMPA HOT SPOT!

Your next step is to have a photograph taken of you in front of your Tampa Hot Spot (it may be a photo you already have taken during previous visits to the Hot Spot). Print the photo in the proper size (4" by 6") and write or type a paragraph describing your Tampa Hot Spot and why you like it so much. DO NOT attach your photograph to your paragraph, and DO NOT write on the back of your paper. Both photographs and paragraphs will be on display in the classroom. This project is due September 29th.

I have lots of Tampa Hot Spots including International Mall, Bailey's Restaurant, Hula Bay, my parents' backyard and the rooftop terrace at my own house to name a few. But if I were to choose one Hot Spot it would be Kate Jackson Park because I love to spend time with my two young cousins there. This summer we did a "photo shoot" after I completed a few photography classes and we had a great time. The girls love the fountains and the gardens. I've posted a few pictures from a day we spent at Kate Jackson Park.






2 comments:

  1. Bailey's!!! Yum, we must do that again before Baby Branielle arrives. Oh wait, Branielle sounds a little too feminine for a boy. I'll have to think of something else...

    I love your photos of your beautiful cousins. You have a talent for photography, although when your subjects are that cute, how can your photos NOT be terrific? : ) The second picture down is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! We definitely have to do Bailey's again soon. :)

    Thanks for always being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete